I remember wearing these cute tops when I was a little girl. It’s amazing that they are still so popular after all these years. Purl Bee offers a wonderful tutorial on creating a gathered summer top that you’ll love. (The tutorial uses Liberty of London Fabric but you can use a fabric of your choice. )
- ½ (½, ½, ¾, ¾, ¾, ¾) yard of Liberty of London’s Tana Lawn Classics or Seasonals. I used the Classics, Mabelle Turquoise (pictured above, top) and Navy John (bottom).
- 1 yard of 3/8-inch Braided Elastic in white
- A spool of Gutermann’s Cotton Thread in color 1040.
- Merchant and Mills’ Bodkin and Threader or a safety pin
- Clover’s 18 mm Bias Tape Maker
Skill Level: Beginner
Find the full tutorial here.
Love this tutorial? We recommend pinning from the original post.