Simplify your sewing process with this ironing board caddy by Sew4Home. Now you can iron with your supplies right at your finger tips.
- ¼ yard of 44-45″ wide fabric for the center of the caddy
- ½ yard of 44-45″ wide fabric for the pocket and thread catcher
- ¼ yard of 44-45″ décor weight or greater fabric for the center lining
- Gripper fabric: ⅛ yard or one piece 4½” x 14″
NOTE: This is like the traction fabric used on the bottom of feetie pajamas – it can be found in stores and online under the names Slipper Gripper and Jiffy Grip. You can also use a shelf gripper sheet, which is easy to find in most kitchen supplies aisles.
- ¼ yard of medium weight batting
- ¼ yard heavyweight fusible interfacing
- All purpose thread to match fabrics
- See-through ruler
- Erasable fabric pen or pencil
- Seam gauge
- Iron and ironing board
- Scissors or rotary cutter and mat
- Two large safety pins
- Straight pins
Additional for detachable pincushion:
- Scrap of print fabric 4″ x 6½”
- Scrap of solid fabric 3″ x 3½”
- Scrap of lightweight fusible interfacing 1½” x 3½”
- ONE decorative button, apx 1 to 1½”
- Handful of polyester fiberfil
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Find this caddy tutorial here.
Love this tutorial? We recommend pinning from the original source.