Create a one of a kind suitcase with this quilted suitcase tutorial by Mommy By Day Crafter By Night. You’ll never have to worry about luggage mix-ups again (unless you make more than one 🙂 ).
-Various sizes of fabric scraps to created your patchwork panels
- -1/2 yard fabric for lining
-3 1/2 yards bias tape (store bought or you can make your own with 1 1/2 inch strips of fabric cut on the bias)
–36″ Robe Zipper (It’s a non-separating zipper)
- – eight inches of 1.5 or 2 inch wide grosgrain ribbon or twill tape for the suitcase handle
- -Regular quilting machine needles as well as heavy duty machine needles to change out throughout the project.
- For a STURDY SUITCASE use: 1 yd. fusible Peltex and 3/4 yard drill cloth
- For a SOFTER SUITCASE use: large scraps quilt batting and 3/4 yard duck cloth