Forget boring purses! These fruit slice purses and pouches by Stitched by Crystal are the perfect complement to your little girl’s vibrant personality. Make her favorite fruit and just wait for the smiles.
- A pattern…you can download and print that HERE. You will see a little 1″ square in the corner of one page, just check to make sure that is 1″ after you print so you know your pattern printed the right size….you wouldn’t want a tiny coin purse (or maybe you do!) If you are having trouble with the download, try a different browser, I think Google Chrome works best.
- Some fabric scraps in fruity colors and some fabric for the lining. If you are buying fabric, 1/4 yard will be more than enough.
- A zipper that is at least 8″ long.
- Some scraps of fusible fleece (again 1/4 yard will work)
- Heat n Bond Ultra, to make the appliqueing really easy
- Optional 30″-45″ of double fold bias tape for the purse strap (store bought or make your own, I will show you how). 30″ is a great length for my 2 year old and also works pretty well on my 4 year old. I might try 35″ for someone around 5-7, 40″ for 8-10, but those are just guesses. And I think 45″ would be comfortable on me, so try that for anyone adult size. If you have your girl handy, You can just measure over her shoulder and down to the opposite hip, where a purse would sit to get a measurement for the strap.
- Basic sewing supplies – sewing machine, iron, scissors, coordinating thread, etc.