Here’s a beautiful classic bag to add to your wardrobe. This Drawstring Bucket Bag by Suzanna Drew-Edwards (for All About You) is a versatile accessory for all seasons and easier to make than you might think.
● Bag outer: 50cm of pleather or heavyweight fabric (eg denim, canvas, ticking)
● Bag lining: 50cm of cotton lining fabric
● Heavyweight interfacing: optional, useful to put on the base if your fabric needs a bit more weight
● Strap: leather or mock leather strap measuring 53cm x 2.5cm, such as a secondhand belt from a charity shop
● Eyelets and eyelet setter: these come as kits from good haberdashery shops
● Rivets and rivet setter for attaching the handle: optional, available as a kit from good haberdashery shops – you need these if your handle is too thick to stitch on with a sewing machine