Is your little one into cars, trucks and anything with 4 wheels? Vroom! The Road Runner Blanket Quilt by CraftPassion is sure to please.
- Applique fusible web (I used Steam-A-Seam), qty = 32 sheets
- Sewing Machine that is able to do free motion quilting, ie. with feed dog down or covered (I used
- Bernina B550 Quilter’s Edition)
- Darning foot (or Bernina Stitch Regulator, BSR), walking foot, 1/4″ foot
- Cotton blend batting (at least 64″ x 86″)
- Polyester high loft batting (approximately 3/4 of the blanket size)
- Quilting cotton thread, #50, white, coordinate colors and contrast colors of your choice
- Quilter Safety pins and/or basting thread
- Fabric chalk or pencil and ruler
- Cutting mat
- Rotary cutter
- Printer and papers (letter size, qty= 37)
- White cotton 44″ wide, 4 1/2 yards, pre-wash
- Backing fabric, light blue map print, 44″ wide 4 yards, pre-wash
- Black cotton 44″ wide, 1 1/2 yard, pre-wash to make sure that it is colorfast
- Red cotton 44″ wide, 1 yard, pre-wash to make sure that it is colorfast
- Edge binder, 2.5″, 9 yard
- Applique and square patchwork:
Skill Level: Advanced / Confident Intermediate
Find the Road Runner Blanket Quilt Pattern and Tutorial here.
Love this tutorial? We recommend pinning from the original post.