I’m officially obsessed with these two amazing pieces – a Blue Whale and a Sperm Whale – gorgeously crafted by Drygoods Design. While these could be given as a toy, I’m more inclined to display them as art. How perfect would these be in a seaside cottage?
You can make some of your own with the tutorial featured over at Sew Mama Sew!
- 1/2 yard fabric (they chose woven grays and blues to reflect a maritime aesthetic.)
- Two zippers (they chose metal for the fun contrast of gold teeth.)
- Scrap of striped fabric
- One skein Perle cotton/embroidery floss
- Five to eight ounces of fiber fill or similar (not pictured)
- Printed PDF Blue Whale pattern template
- Paper scissors
- Fabric scissors
- Rotary cutter
- Hand sewing needle/embroidery needle
- Fabric marker(s) (At least one is erasable.)
- Point turner (not pictured)
Skill Level: Advanced
See the Stuffed Whale tutorial here!
Love this tutorial? We encourage you to pin from the original source.