I’m seeing wild critters in design everywhere and I’m totally loving it! This Anthropologie inspired deer pillow is right up my alley – I love that it’s ‘Christmas-y’, but can also be made with holiday neutral fabric to be used year round! Because honestly, I’d never want to put it away!
You can make your own version with this wonderful tutorial from Sew Homegrown!
- Deer silhouette pattern
- one 15″ square piece of fabric for pillow front
- a contrasting 15″ square piece of fabric for pillow back
- a 15″ square of multi-colored decorator weight fabric ( she suggests home decor fabric because it usually has more texture to it and mimics the needlepoint design in the Anthropologie pillow).
- 1/2 yard of Wonder Under (when they cut it for you, be sure to ask for the directions)
- 1 spool of sulky white thread (she used the sulky type because I think it makes it look a little more professional)
- 1 bag of polyfil or a 15″ pillow form
- fabric marker
- sewing machine
- craft scissors
See the full Deer Pillow tutorial here!
Enjoy the tutorial? We encourage you to pin from the original source.