Yippee kai aye!
This Sock Stick Horse tutorial from The Country Chic Cottage is just the thing when you’ve got a little cowboy or cowgirl…perfect for a Halloween costume or just for everyday pretend play!
- Brown socks (I found mine in the men’s department at Walmart.)
- Faux leather (I purchased one yard in black from the fabric department. A 1/4 of a yard would have been plenty.)
- 1/8 inch suede lace
- Lion Brand Yarn in Barley
- Brass Plated Key Rings (2 per horse) (30 mm rings work best)
- 1 inch Jingle Bells (2 per horse)
- 2 white and 2 black buttons per horse
- Brown felt
- Brown embroidery thread
- 2 1/2 inch Styrofoam ball
- Red plaid material or bandanna
- Hemp twine
- E6000 glue
- Fiberfill stuffing
- 5/8 inch dowel rod 36 inches long
Did you have a stick horsey as a child?
Enjoy the tutorial? We encourage you to pin from the original source.\