For the rest of the week, I’m going to be featuring some fun ideas for Father’s Day. Sound good? Let’s start with this groovy flat cap tutorial from About Goodness. I’ve always loved a man in a flat cap. I don’t know why…I just think they look so dapper and distinguished yet casual at the same time. And Dads deserve accessories too, am I right?
- Fabric for hat, that is 60 cm x 60 cm big.
- Lining fabric 60 cm x 45 cm
- Fusible Interfacing 60 cm x 45 cm
- Some strong material to use inside brim that would hold the shape (carton, brim from baseball cap that you don’t need, durable plastic etc).
- Ribbon for inside of the hat around the head – about 59 cm long and 2 cm wide
- Thread, Iron, Needles, Pins, Sewing Machine (this hat can also be made just by hand).
See the full Gatsby Flat Cap Tutorial here.
Does the man in your life wear a hat?
Enjoy the tutorial? We encourage you to pin from the original source.