It can be difficult to sew for boys. A frilly little dress may be tons of fun but a little bow tie in eye catching fabric is beyond adorable for boys. This bow tie tutorial from Chickadee Jess is as simple as they come. No interfacing required and you don’t even need a sewing machine (unless you want).
- Rectangle of fabric 6″ x 9″
- Rectangle of the same fabric 1 1/4″ x 2 1/5″
- Hand sewing needle with matching thread
- For neck option #1: A piece of 1/4″ elastic the circumference of the neck over the shirt + 1″
- For neck option #2: Sewing machine (optional) , rectangle of fabric Length of neck + 2″ x 2″, small piece of velcro.
Beginner (you can do this!)
See the full Bow Tie Tutorial here.
Have you made a bow tie before?
Enjoy the tutorial? We encourage you to pin from the original source.