I don’t know about you, but for me, the bigger the purse, the more I try to stuff into it. Crazy Little Projects offers the perfect solution with this DIY Essentials Bag. It has just enough room to carry what’s important.
- 1/3 yard each of two coordinating fabrics
- 2 7 inch zippers
- 2 one inch D rings
- 2 swivel hook clasps (or any type of clasp found in the hardware part of your sewing store)
From your main fabric cut:
- One 7 3/4″ by 11″ piece (this will be the main back piece on the outside)
- One 6 3/4″ by 7 3/4″ piece (bottom of pocket part)
- One 4 1/2″ by 7 3/4″ piece (top of pocket part)
- Two 4″ by 2 1/2 or 3″ pieces (for the tabs to attach strap)
- One 44″ by 3″ piece (for the strap)
From your inner fabric cut:
- Two 7 3/4″ by 11″ piece
- One 6 3/4″ by 7 3/4″ piece (referred to as lining in the instructions)
- One 4 1/2″ by 7 3/4″ piece (referred to as lining in the instructions)
- One 18″ by 7 3/4″ piece (for inner pocket)
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Find the full tutorial here.
Love this tutorial? We recommend pinning from the original post.