These nautical inspired striped pillows look amazing. Sew 4 Home shares a detailed pillow tutorial on how to make this gorgeous trio.
- ½ yard of EACH of FOUR 44″+ wide quilting weight, striped fabrics; Tutorial uses four stripes by Riley Blake Fabrics from Hawthorne Threads:
- 1″ Stripe in Yellow/White, used as the highlight color for all three pillows
- 1″ Stripes in Red/White, used as the main color for Pillow A
- 1″ Stripe in Navy/White, used as the main color for Pillow B
- 1″ Stripe in Gray/White, used as the main color for Pillow C
- 1 yard of 44″+ wide quilting weight fabric in a solid color matching the neutral stripe for all three pillow backs; we used Hawthorne Hues Solid in White from Hawthorne Threads
- 1½ yard of 45″ wide medium weight interfacing; we used Pellon 809 Décor Bond
- 1 yard 45″+ wide low loft batting
- THREE 16″ x 16″ pillow forms; we used three Fairfield Soft Touch pillow forms
- NINE ¾” – 1″ decorative buttons
- All purpose thread to match fabric
- See-through ruler
- Fabric pen or pencil
- Iron and ironing board
- Rotary cutter and mat
- Tape measure
- Seam gauge
- Seam ripper
- Straight pins
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Find the full tutorial here.
Love this tutorial? We recommend pinning from the original source.