I think a tote bag should be one of the first sewing projects a new sewist should make. Just after curtains. (everyone wants to make curtains). This simple tote bag tutorial from Handmade Therapy is a great beginner project. Make a tote bag with webbed handles and great style.
- cotton canvas 2 – 13×14 inch pieces coordinating cotton print of your choice
- 2 – 13×6 inch pieces lining fabric (cotton or other)
- 2 – 13×14 inch pieces 1 inch wide cotton webbing (2 strips 18 inches long)
- 1 magnetic snap (optional)
- The usual sewing supplies
See the full Easy Tote Bag Tutorial here.
Don’t you love making tote bags?
Enjoy the tutorial? We encourage you to pin from the original source.